How do you become a trader on the Noordermarkt
You will need:
- An entry in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce
- A valid I.D.
- or a non-EU resident: you will have to proof that you are allowed to work in the Netherlands
- To be a market trader with a stall on different markets in different districts of Amsterdam you will need a valid certificate of registration from the Market Office (Marktbureau) at the Town Hall. Depending on what you want to sell, you may also need a license as a market trader, site-owner or vendor. For this you can apply in the district in which you want to work
- A valid home address in the Netherlands
- To apply for a certificate of registration, you must be at least 18 years old.
You must come in person to the public affairs office of the Market Office (Marktzaken) where your request will be processed. The certificate is valid for one calendar year and must be renewed annually. You will be notified in writing when it is due for renewal. The certificate of registration is strictly personal and cannot be used by anyone else. However, if you have a certificate of registration it is possible for your partner or anyone else to apply for a Supplant Card.
Registration Chamber of Commerce € 50,00 (only once)
Registration market Register Ambulante Handel € 48,00 (each year)
Supplant card € 25,00 (each year)
Loss with declaration € 25,00
Would you like more information about the Chamber of Commerce Chamber of Commerce - Amsterdam or more information about Starting a business in Amsterdam. About a registration on the market you can contact the department Marktbureau (Market Office), telephonenumber: +31 20 6241111 (from abroad) or telephonenummer 14020 (from the Netherlands) and via the website Gemeente Amsterdam - Selling products in a stall and general information about business in Amsterdam via the website Gemeente Amsterdam - Amsterdam Business
Open on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 am till 1 pm / on Thursday from 1 till 4 pm.