To pay a visit
A must is to visit the Noordermarkt on Saturday and it not only offers many various unique products, but also the adjacent organic Boerenmarkt (farmers market) and right around the corner the Lindengrachtmarkt provide even more viewing and sale fun. Both on and around the market square and in the near Jordanian streets you can enjoy food and beverages at the best cafes and restaurants of Amsterdam.
Three markets at the same time
Biological Farmersmarket www.biologischenoordermarkt.nl
Points of interest
- Anne Frankhuis 300 mtr 6 min www.annefrank.org
- Jordaanmuseum 1.5 km 18 min www.jordaanmuseum.nl
- Koninklijk Paleis Amsterdam 500 mtr 5 min www.paleisamsterdam.nl
- Noorderkerk 20 mtr 1 min noorderkerkconcerten.nl
- Theo Thijssen museum 300 mtr 6 min www.theothijssenmuseum.nl
- Westerkerk 350 mtr 4 min www.westerkerk.nl
- Central Station 1.3 km 12 min Amsterdam Central Station
Café Finch - for coffee, tea and drinks.
Café Hegeraad a traditional café that is located on the Noordermarkt behind the Noorderkerk in the Jordaan.
Café Winkel is known for its apple pie that is famous among many people after a morning stroll on the Noordermarkt.
Café Thijssen on one of the most beautiful places in the Jordaan at the corner of Lindengracht/Brouwersgracht.
Café Papeneiland is a typical example of a cosey and so called ''bruine kroeg''.
Restaurant Bordewijk - it is always Sunday on the Noordermarkt.